POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dealing with meshs... : Dealing with meshs... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Dealing with meshs...
From: Carl
Date: 22 Feb 2006 10:50:01
Message: <web.43fc8743ad5fa38070dc520d0@news.povray.org>
I have a question I was hoping someone here could help me with.

Edmund Keefe made a very nice light cycle mesh seen here:

http://www.a1eddie.com/cycle.htm

His model is downloadable here:

http://www.a1eddie.com/models.htm

and he's using 3d studio max 6.

A friend used AccuTrans 3D to convert his model into the pov format and I'm
comparing it to my CSG 100% POV-Ray light cycle.  Check out this little gif

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/compare2.gif

So here is my question... why do all the edges of his mesh jump out as very
sharp edges in my renders when everything he's does in 3d studio max 6
comes out looking like it has nice smooth curves?  Is there something I
could do in POV-Ray to smooth out these edges?

Thanks,
Carl